Procedure for admission to Nursing (B.Sc. Nursing, Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing, M.Sc. Nursing & Nurse Practitioner Critical Care Programme), Physiotherapy (BPT, MPT), and Paramedical courses in Government and Private Institutions affiliated to Pt. BD Sharma UHS Rohtak for the Academic Session 2022-23.
Pt. Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak is authorized to conduct the Online Combined Centralized Counselling as per Merit of CET-2022 conducted by Pt. B.D Sharma UHS Rohtak for admission to all the Government and Private Institutes in the State of Haryana as per the procedure notified in this notification.
- It is further notified that in Private Institutions affiliated with Pt. BD Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak,
- 50% of the seats will be filled under State Quota seats
- The remaining 50% of seats will be filled under the Management Category.
- Out of 50% of Management Category seats, 15% of seats will be in the Non-Resident Indian (NRI) Category.
- 5% of State Quota seats shall be reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities. The candidates applying under the Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PWBD) category shall have to get the disability certificate issued by the Medical Board from any Government Medical College or District Hospitals of the Department of Health in the State of Haryana. Admissions to this category shall be made as per INC/State Government guidelines. In case of any dispute in the disability percentage, the decision of the Medical Board of PGIMS, Rohtak shall be final. Any vacant seats in this category shall be filled up as per State Reservation Policy.
- 40 % of seats (within the State Quota seats) in Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing; M.Sc. Nursing and NPCCCourse and Paramedical Courses in Government Nursing / Paramedical Institutes shall be reserved for in-service candidates.
- A. The list of recognized Institutes and tentative seat distribution of all courses shall be available on the website of the university, i.e., https://uhsr.ac.in ; & Department website, i.e., https://dmer.haryana.gov.in. and as well as on the admission web portal prior to commencement of counselling.
- The admission shall be made in only those Institutes which have
- obtained N.O.C. from the State Government through the Department of Medical Education and Research (only),
- Are affiliated with Pt. B.D Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak,
- Are recognized by Haryana Nurses & Nurse Midwives Council/Haryana State Council of Physiotherapy and INC (for Nursing Institutes) as the case may be, and
- Are permitted/allowed for admission by the Department of Medical Education & Research for the Academic Session 2022-23.
- The number of seats in each Institute is subject to the final approval of the above-mentioned regulatory authorities.
- The roster for all categories of seats including PWD and EWS shall be maintained by Pt. BD Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak for allotment of seats under reserved categories.
- A. State Reservation Policy shall be applicable for admission to all seats in Government Colleges and for 50% State Quota seats in Private Colleges affiliated to Pt. B.D. Sharma University of Health Sciences.
- Reservation for EWS Category shall be provided as per the Haryana Government Notification dated 25.02.2019 (Annexure-I).
- The candidates will be required to submit an Income and Asset Certificate issued from Competent Authority as per Annexure-(i) of the said Notification dated 25.02.2019.
It is further notified that the dates and schedule of counselling shall be notified by Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak and also uploaded on the website of Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak i.e., www.uhsr.ac.in and on the website of Directorate of Medical Education and Research i.e., https://dmer.haryana.gov.in. and Admission Web Portal. The candidates are required to regularly visit the websites.
To download the prospectus of the Physiotherapy Admission Process. Click here
A candidate desirous of seeking admission in Nursing, Physiotherapy and Paramedical courses shall be eligible if she/he:
- Is a citizen of India,
- Is a bonafide resident of Haryana as per instructions issued by the Chief Secretary to Govt. of Haryana, and, whose parent(s) produce(s) a Haryana Residence Certificate as per Government instructions given in Annexure II, III & IV or any further amendments issued by State Government from time to time,
- For Management Category, candidates from all over India shall be eligible, irrespective of their State of domicile and place of study,
- Obtains a NOC issued by the Head of the Department (DGHS/UHS, Rohtak/Director of concerned Medical College) as the case may be if the candidate applies under the category of in-service candidates (Regular employees of Health Department / Medical Education Department etc. of Government of Haryana). No in-service candidates shall be considered without valid NOC.
- Fulfils the minimum eligibility criteria, even if the candidate belongs to General/ SC/SC (Deprived) / BC-A / BC-B / Benchmark Disabilities / EWS / ESM / FF etc, and is seeking admission under any category of seats
- No candidate who has failed to obtain the minimum eligibility marks in the CET examination (i.e., 35th percentile for General, 30th percentile for SC/BC and PWBD candidates) shall be eligible for admission.
For Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)
- The minimum age for candidates desirous of seeking admission should not be less than 17 years as on 31.12.2022
- The candidate must have passed the Senior School Certificate Examination (10+2) of the Board of School Education, Haryana or any Board recognized by Central Government / any State Government with subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English Core / English Elective and should have obtained at least 45% aggregate marks for General Category (40% marks for SC/BC/PWBD category) in Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English (PCB & E) taken together, however, the candidates should have obtained pass marks in each subject separately.
For Masters of Physiotherapy (MPT)
- The candidate must have passed BPT Course from any recognized College of Physiotherapy.
- She/he should have completed 6 months internship at or before the time of counselling.
- Should be registered or must have applied for registration with the Haryana State Council for Physiotherapy at the time of counselling (Documentary proof regarding the same has to be produced at the time of counselling).
- Seats remaining vacant in the In-Service category shall be converted to the Open merit seat Category (of the same class: General / SC / BC / PWBD etc.)
- The candidates who have been provisionally allotted seats will have to bring, in original, all the relevant certificates/documents at the time of document verification without which admission to any course shall not be granted. Attested photocopies of certificates/documents will not be considered valid for the purpose of admission and the seat allocated to them online shall be cancelled.
- After exhaustion of the merit list of In-service candidates, vacant seats (if any) shall be reverted to their original category of seats and if still there is a vacancy, the same shall be converted to unreserved category seats and filled up in the “Mop-Up” round itself.
Process for Admission to State Quota seats in Private Physiotherapy Institutes of Haryana:
- The admissions under the above-stated categories will be made on the basis of the Common Entrance Test 2022 (CET-2022) conducted by Pt. B.D Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak. The schedule of counselling, admissions and start of classes shall be in conformity with the schedule laid down by the Indian Nursing Council / State Government/Haryana Nurses & Nurse Midwives Council/Haryana State Council of Physiotherapy, as the case may be.
- The relative merit, among such candidates desirous of seeking admission, shall be drawn as per the merit of the Common Entrance Test conducted by the University. Candidates (including in-service candidates) should fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria examination (i.e.35th percentile for General, 30th percentile for SC/BC and PWBD candidates) for being granted admissions.
- Admission will be made through Online Centralised Counselling from the list of registered candidates on the admission web portal as per merit in the respective qualifying examination (CET).
- The choice of the course/institution exercised by the candidate on the Online portal will be considered final and no further change will be allowed.
- The allotment of the Institute/course shall be made strictly as per merit prepared/drawn on the basis of qualifying examination (CET) and the choice/preference of the Subject/Course/Institute filled up by the candidate on online portal.
- Personal appearance of the Candidates with all original documents shall be compulsory at the time of reporting to the Admission Committee. Attested photocopies of certificates/documents will not be considered valid for the purpose of admission.
- All admissions shall be provisional subject to verification/checking of eligibility for admission as per the original documents produced at the time of reporting to the Admission Committee.
The provisional allocation of the Seat/Institute online shall confer no legal right to the candidate for the said seat and the seat shall be confirmed only after the document verification as per the specific period notified.
The AdmissionCommittee will be responsible for taking decisions admission related matters like- supervision of admission web-portal, the conduct of counselling, document verification, allocation of seats, disputes thereof etc in accordance with existing rules and regulations.
- In case there is a vacancy after the first round of counselling due to any reason, such seats will be filled up during the second round of counselling by the same process.
- Fresh registration shall be allowed for participating in the second round / Mop-up round. Fresh candidates will have to register themselves on the admission web portal.
- The candidates, who have joined the allotted institute up to the 2nd Round shall not be allowed to participate in the subsequent rounds.
- Seats remaining vacant after the 2nd round shall be filled up in the Mop Up round, and, if seats are still vacant, the same shall be filled up as per procedure decided by State Government.
Process for Admission to Management Category seats in Private Physiotherapy Institutes of Haryana:
A similar procedure as described above for counselling for filling up State Quota seats in Government and Private Institutes will be followed for admissions to Management Category seats as per the eligibility criteria.
Admission to NRI Category (NRIs/PIOs/OCIs/Foreign Nationals)
All admissions under NRI category seats shall be as per merit of CET-2022. Only CET-qualified candidates shall be eligible under the NRI category. PIOs, OCIs and Foreign Nationals who are CETqualified can also apply under the NRI category, however, for admission under the NRI quota, Foreign Nationals shall be considered only for any vacant seat left after exhausting the list of NRIs/PIOs/OCIs.
Preference of admission shall be as given below:
- Actual NRIs/OCIs/PIOs candidates who originally belonged to the State of Haryana.
- Children of NRIs/OCIs/PIOs who originally belonged to Haryana State.
- Actual NRIs/OCIs/PIOs who originally belonged to an Indian State and Union Territories other than Haryana.
- Children of NRIs/OCIs/PIOs who originally belonged to an Indian State and Union Territories other than Haryana
- If the first-degree relation of the student is NRI and residing abroad and the candidate fulfils the following condition: -
- He should be the nearest relation.
- In the definition of nearest relation, a candidate has the following blood relation: -
- Real Brother and sister of father i.e., real uncle and real aunt.
- Real brother and Sister of mother i.e., real maternal uncle and maternal aunt.
- Father and mother of father i.e., grandfather and grandmother.
- Father and mother of mother i.e., maternal grandfather and maternal grandmother.
- First degree-paternal and maternal cousins.
- Such person shouldbe NRI
- Such a person should ordinarily be residing abroad.
- Such a person should have looked after such student as the guardian of the student and evidence to that effect must have been produced by such person.
- Foreign Nationals shall be considered for admission under the NRI quota after exhausting the list of NRIs/ PIOs/OCIs.
- If a sufficient number of eligible candidates under the first category are available then they will be admitted first even if students under the subsequent category are higher in merit.
- The NRI students will have to give a Bank Guarantee/Surety Bond for the balance of the fee if they opt to pay the fee in instalments as provided.
- If the seats still remain vacant after 2nd round these shall be converted to General Category seats.